Make your nomination for the most deserving individual, campaign or company in each category.
Get your nomination in before this date.
Corporate nominations close!
Get your nomination in before this date.
Top 12 in each category announced!
Corporate winners are decided by a panel of judges.
Public voting closes!
Make sure you vote before this date.
Winners announced at the Awards Ceremony
Nominations are open on all categories from 28th September 2023. After the nominations are closed, the Top 12 lists are taken from the nominees. These are decided on the merit of the nominations based on an internal points system, with a consideration made for a balance of companies represented as well as a diverse mix of gender identities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.
The Top 12 will be announced to the mainstream press and general public on 27th February 2024 and via our social media platforms.
The Business Category Top 12 are then asked for additional criteria and evidence, which is sent to an independent judging panel who determines the winner of each category without any input by SPM Group Ltd.
The Consumer and Celebrity Category Top 12s are then voted for by the public, whilst the corporate and Outstanding Contribution categories are decided by our panel of independent expert judges.
Consumer and celebrity award categories
This category recognises LGBT+ celebrities who have come out in the face of adversity or who support the LGBT+ community in a positive way.
This category is for the LGBT+ community’s favourite music artists and looked for musicians who are either LGBT+, or who have proven to be strong advocates of the LGBT+ community.
Past winner: Becky Hill
Charity or Community Initiative
This category is for a charity or community initiative that has changed or continues to change the lives of LGBT+ people.
LGBT+ Broadcaster or Journalist or Host
This category recognises an LGBT+ individual delivering news or content. The top 10s will have an impact on the public’s view of the LGBT+ community.
Past winner: Paul O’Grady
This important award recognises and thanks those outside the LGBT+ community who support the challenges around equality and inclusion.
Past winner: Katherine Ryan
LGBT+ Online Influencer
This category celebrates LGBT+ people that have used their online presence to speak out about LGBT+ issues or rights.
Past winner: Mark Ferris
This award recognises an act of significance for the LGBT+ community which has taken place in the media, from factual events witnessed on the news or in print, to fictional events which have taken place on stage, film, TV or radio.
Outstanding Contribution to LGBT+ Life
This category celebrates influencers, activists, campaigners, or trailblazers in the LGBT+ community who have made an impact either on a grassroots level or as part of a larger organization. This award celebrates roles people in various roles: from Youtubers to social media influencers, artists, founders of LGBT+ focused initiatives, writers, bloggers, charity workers, or campaigners.
This category is judged on merit.
Past winner: Aida H Dee
Brand or Marketing Campaign
This category celebrates the brands that have successfully promoted to or are popular with the LGBT+ community.
This category is judged on merit.
Past winner: Virgin Atlantic
Business award categories
Network Group or ERG
This award recognises both new and established network groups that can demonstrate that they are active, innovative and supportive of their LGBT+ staff, and can demonstrate success with implementing inclusion over the last 12 months. Judges have measured the value of the network group’s initiatives relative to their maturity and company size.
Past winners: Arup
Inclusive Employer or Company
This award recognises an employer or company that are truly engaged with their LGBT+ employees and customers, and have diversity embedded at their core, not just as part of their corporate ethos.
Past winner: PWC
LGBT+ Inspirational Leader
This award recognises an LGBT+ individual who has used their influence to effect positive change for LGBT+ inclusion. The judges will have looked for evidence within the last 12months that the inspirational leader has been a role model and has had a wide influence on their workplace and beyond.
Past winner: Mariana Ceccotti, Macquarie
LGBT+ Future Leader
This award recognises an LGBT+ individual who has taken responsibility to further the LGBT+ inclusion agenda within their workplace, either as part of an existing programme (of groups, events, communications, fundraising, etc), or by setting up a new programme.
Past winner: Deon Fang, Tesco
This award recognises an LGBT+ individual who has pushed the boundaries when it comes to LGBT+ inclusion within their company and beyond. The winner will go over and above their day job and have LGBT+ inclusion and wider diversity initiatives at the core of everything they do.
Past winner: Kabir Alam, Jefferies
This award recognises allies that are committed to promoting equality and speaking out against LGBT+ discrimination. The individual should have used their position of privilege to support and actively participate as an ally in LGBT+ initiatives in their own company and the wider world.
Past winner: Des Johnson, HSBC UK
This award will be given to an LGBT+ individual who works within the diversity, inclusion and/or HR sector. The winner of this award will go above and beyond, in the workplace and the wider community, to ensure the initiatives they implement or oversee create lasting change. Employees and colleagues should feel that their work in this area is more than a tick-box exercise.
Past winner: Kushal Khandar, Cynergy Bank
- Entries for the British LGBT Awards 2024 (the “Awards”) are open to those who are part of, work with, or support the LGBT+ community. Please see the Nomination Process page at britishlgbtawards.com/nomination for details on criteria.
- Employees or agencies of the British LGBT Awards, its umbrella company (“SPM Group”) or their family members, may not enter the Awards.
- By entering the Awards you (“You”) are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards You must follow the instructions on britishlgbtawards.com/nominate-now. You will be required to provide contact details and relevant evidence to support Your nomination (where applicable), which may include details concerning the nominee’s activities and why You believe they/it should win an Award. If You have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Awards, please email the British LGBT Awards at email@example.com with “British LGBT Awards” in the subject line.
- The Awards Nomination Process open at 08:00 on 28th September and close at 23:59 on (Public Nominations) 5th January 2024. The shortlist will be announced 27th February 2024 or (Business Shortlist) 5th April 2024 (“Voting Period”). Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
- You own the copyright to your Awards entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the Awards, You give SPM Group:
Permission for Your entry to be published on www.britishlgbtawards.com and You grant SPM Group a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish Your Awards entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Awards; and
The right to use Your name and for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of Your entry (internal contact purposes only).
- If You are contacted regarding the entry You submitted, You will be given the opportunity to update it.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Notice will be given in writing to nominees who make it to the Top 12. Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Top 12 within seven working days. SPM Group reserves the right to withdraw a nomination from the Top 12 if no such response is received.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Awards is SPM Group whose address is Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BQ. Any complaints regarding the Awards should be sent to this address. The Promoter shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Awards, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about the Awards, similar events that may be of interest, or for the purposes outlined in paragraph 6 above.
- SPM Group accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Awards or accepting any prize. SPM Group further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Awards.
- SPM Group reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, SPM Group reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of the SPM Group in all matters under its control is final and binding.