The British LGBT Awards with Founding Partner NatWest is designed to showcase individuals and organisations that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the LGBT+ community. We believe that those who go the extra mile to ensure equality, opportunity and fair treatment for all regardless of sexuality or gender, deserve to be recognised. The six Corporate categories and the ‘Brand’ category demonstrate that inclusive organisations make better businesses, attracting diverse talent, and in turn, achieve a better bottom line.
- This is the very first virtual British LGBT Awards ceremony!
- The British LGBT Awards 2020 represents 200,000 LGBT+ voters
- In 2019 the Awards had the largest media reach of any LGBT+ awards event in the United Kingdom and outside of the USA
- In the weeks leading up to 2019’s ceremony, the britishlgbtawards.com website had 72,000+ hits
- #BritishLGBTAwards trended on social media during the night of the event with 39 million potential impressions
- Last year’s winners included Stephen Fry, Ellie Goulding, Hayley Kiyoko, Nicola Adams OBE, Little Mix and Cynthia Nixon. Previous winners include: HRH Prince William, Sir Ian McKellen, Tom Daley, Sue Perkins, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Daniel Radcliffe, Jess Glynne Dustin Lance Black, Caitlyn Jenner, Clare Balding, Rylan Clark-Neal, Kylie Minogue and Adam Lambert
- Organisations and brands that won accolades last year included Sainsbury’s, Channel 4, Vodafone and Macquarie
- The British LGBT Awards was founded by Sarah Garrett MBE in 2015 and is independent, and not affiliated with any other awards, nationally or internationally
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
4:00PM ON 25.11.2020 THE BUILD UP PARTY, ACCESSIBLE ON THE BRITISH LGBT AWARDS APP
4:30PM ON 25.11.2020 EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE VIEW OF THE BRITISH LGBT AWARDS 2020 FOR OUR GUESTS. ACCESSIBLE BY PRIVATE LINK ONLY. PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP THE SECRETS!
5:45PM ON 25.11.2020 THE AFTER PARTY AND WINNER INTERVIEWS, ACCESSIBLE ON THE BRITISH LGBT AWARDS APP
7:00PM ON 27.11.2020 THE PUBLIC LIVESTREAM OF THE BRITISH LGBT AWARDS 2020 CEREMONY. ALL PRESS EMBARGOED UNTIL 9PM GMT ON THIS DATE.
02.12.2020 GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER SUPPLEMENT RELEASED WITH A LIST OF THE WINNERS AND TOP 10s. BE SURE TO PICK UP YOUR COPY!
A full list of shortlisted nominees can be found at britishlgbtawards.com
The app can be downloaded from the app store. Just search “British LGBT Awards”.
Facebook.com/britishlgbtawardsThe hashtag for the evening is #britishlgbtawards
We will retweet pictures of you dressed up for the evening!
Please feel free to use any assets we post on social media.
When mentioning the Awards in press releases or editorial, please include the full name:
‘The British LGBT Awards with Founding Partner NatWest’
Please send us links to any internal coverage, as we can post them on our social media channels.
The full panel of judges across the business and brand categories are:
Karen Flynn-MacFarlane, Colleague Experience Lead at RBS;
Pips Bunce, Director at Credit Suisse;
Sarah Churchman OBE, People Director / Chief Inclusion, Community & Wellbeing Officer at PwC;
Barry Davies, Head Of Supply Chain at Tesco Ireland and Chair Of Out At Tesco;
Babak Erfani MBE, Senior Sponsor, Signalling & Digital Railway at Network Rail;
Jemma Kameen, Store Manager & Chair Of Proud at Sainsbury’s;
Amir Kabel, Director Of Diversity & Inclusion at Burberry;
Geffrye Parsons, Managing Director, Commodities & Global Markets at Macquarie;
Pedro Pina, Vice President at Google;
Emma Scott, IT Stream Lead, LGBT+ Network Chair at Nestle UK&I.
Philip Bourchier O’Ferrall, President & CEO at Outernet Global;
Erik Tomlin, Senior Coordinator, Music and Media Licensing at MTV;
Oliver Julian, Senior Producer at ITV;
Imogen Watson, Reporter at The Drum
Kevin Leonce, Deputy Director of Communications at Pride in London.
When referring to certain Awards categories, please refer to their full name, including the sponsor, as follows:
Avanti – Online Influencer
Deutsche Bank – Celebrity Ally
GMB – Broadcaster or Journalist
HSBC UK – Corporate Ally
Johnson & Johnson Charity or Community Initiative
Just Eat – Outstanding Contribution to LGBT+ Life
Metro – Media Moment
MI5 – Inclusive Employer or Company
MTV – Music Artist
NatWest – LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT
Nestlé – Diversity Hero
Network Group or ERG
Network Rail – Brand or Marketing Campaign
PwC – Inspirational Leader
Swinton Insurance – Global Impact
Swinton Insurance – Sports Personality
Tesco – Future Leader
For any images or logos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on press opportunities, please email Laura Lavelle, email@example.com