The British LGBT Awards with headline sponsors Macquarie & Tesco is designed to showcase individuals and organisations that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the LGBT+ community. We believe that those who go the extra mile to ensure equality, opportunity and fair treatment for all regardless of sexuality or gender, deserve to be recognised. The six Corporate categories and the Brand or Marketing Campaign category demonstrate that inclusive organisations make better businesses, attracting diverse talent, and in turn, achieve a better bottom line.
- The British LGBT Awards 2021 represented 200,000 LGBT+ voters
- In 2019 the Awards had the largest media reach of any LGBT+ awards event in the United Kingdom and outside of the USA
- In the weeks leading up to 2019’s ceremony, the britishlgbtawards.com website had 72,000+ hits
- #BritishLGBTAwards trended on social media during the night of the event with 39 million potential impressions in 2021
- Last year’s winners included Hillary Clinton, Demi Lovato, Nicola Adams, Anne-Marie, Melanie C, Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, Tom Allen, Lady Phyll, and Conor Coady
- Organisations and brands that won accolades last year included Starbucks, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, and UK Black Pride
- The British LGBT Awards was founded by Sarah Garrett MBE in 2015 and is independent, and not affiliated with any other awards, nationally or internationally.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
15 February 2022 – Top 10s Announced and Public Voting Opens
15 April 2022 – Voting Closes
24 June 2022 – British LGBT Awards Ceremony at The Brewery
A full list of shortlisted nominees can be found at britishlgbtawards.com
Want to get involved on socials? Our shareable assets are free to use and download, so get to tweeting!
The hashtag for the evening is #britishlgbtawards
We will retweet pictures of you dressed up for the evening!
Please feel free to use any assets we post on social media.
When mentioning the Awards in press releases or editorial, please include the full name:
‘The British LGBT Awards’
Please send us links to any internal coverage, as we can post them on our social media channels.
For any images or logos, please email email@example.com
For more information on press opportunities, please email Connor Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org